President: Blas Jesus Imbroda Ortiz
The Subcommittee on foreigners and international protection supports the legal profession in the exercise of the right of defense in the field of foreigners and international protection, defending respect for the rights of the migrant population and asylees and refugees, as well as the functions and objectives to be developed are the following:
- Work on the action protocols of the Legal Profession.
- Report on legal reforms regarding immigration matters.
- Promote and propose legal reforms.
- Support the work of colleagues in defense of the rights of foreigners.
- Supervise the application of the legislation in the different cities.
- Promote the signing of agreements that facilitate their work of representation and defense of the interests of their clients.
- To become a reference body for training lawyers in this area.
- The holding of the annual meeting of immigration lawyers as a point of reflection and debate on the problems of the legal profession in this area and the defense of the rights of foreigners.
- Collaborate with institutions in defense of the rights of foreign citizens, and in the field of international protection, with special collaboration with UNHCR.
- Work in collaboration with Lawyers in Europe within the CCBE, and promote common actions.
- Work especially in the preparation of the legal profession for the defense of victims of human trafficking.
- Work on the creation of the specialized duty shift in matters of international protection.
- Establish as a reference the website of abogacia.es dedicated to foreigners.
- Improved access of lawyers to the website of the Ministry of Labor.
- Manage with the Administration in order to facilitate the work of lawyers in the Immigration Offices.
- Involvement of Consejo General de la Abogacía Española in celebration of world refugee day.
- Annual Meetings of the Aliens and Asylum Lawyers
OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST